Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Insecure Church Planter

Well here we are in the great land of Austin...well, Buda to be exact, which is a bustling former farming community about 10-15 minutes south of the big city. Ok so my dreams of being a hip urban church planter were somewhat stymied by family necessity. It is impossible, or so I thought, to find a house that will fit 3 kids and a study, with room to grow (I want more kids...more on that after number 3), but my buddy Micah found one in town pretty quickly, which makes me even more insecure.

Oh well, its not too long a drive from suburbia, and just because I'm not living amongst the dred heads and die hard musicians of South Austin doesn't make me illegitimate...does it? Well, if it does, I can say that I still maintain my heart for the dred heads and die hard musicians...maybe they can move out to the burbs? The only thing that would ever make this a possibility is my street name, Dark Horse Lane, which is probably the coolest name of any street in the country. It is fitting for all types of folk, but if one is into Dungeons and Dragons, biblical prophecy, or norwegian death metal, then they will take up residence on this street with a special sense of belonging, as I do. My affinity doesn't rest in any of these areas per se, though I am a big fan of Boston (thats death metal isn't it?).

So if you are a level 20 mage with some ranger skills, enjoy reading "Left Behind," listen to Mayhem (the father of European Black Metal), or you are an insecure church planter, come on and join us...just bring your 20 sided die, your dispensational charts, or your Lamb's head, and we can all crack open the Scriptures and see the God who loved each of us enough to send His only begotten Son to die for our sins. Then you can tithe some gas money to me as I drive the 15 minutes into town.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Micah Caswell said...

Welcome to San Antonio, Charles Ryrie ROCKS!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Wes said...

Hey, I just drove through Buda several times this past weekend. We were in town for Amanda Leggett's wedding, and I've got family near Wimberley who babysat the kids.

Glad to hear you guys are getting set up--I'm pumped about the church plant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home