Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A letter to my boy

Henry,
There are a few things I need to discuss with you at the two year marker of your life.
First of all, you need to know that you had the greatest hair in the entire world until your mom cut it. When I came home from work and discovered to my horror that your big league locks were gone, I shed tears. Its not all bad of course...after all, you can now go about your business without getting it caught in the door, you are about 10lbs lighter, and you will no longer be mistaken for the creepy little feral kid from "The Road Warrior." Life has its own little twists and turns, and this is just one of them. God is still good, I promise. But you will probably never again have hair that cool unless you join a rock n roll outfit, and that has a whole other set of issues for another blog on another day.
Second, concerning Thomas the Train. I know that there is nothing cooler to you than a "choo choo", but you can't keep referring to all machines as "Thomas." Now I know there are a myriad of machine types in the world of Sodor, ranging from trains to cranes to bulldozers to helicopters. But you must realize that there is only one Thomas. These other machines are not him, nor is the street paver out on the tollway.
Third, I am sorry you have to watch so much chick TV. I know its tough to have a totally masculine identity when you are home all day with your mom and sis, drinking from Dorah sippy cups because we can't afford Bob the Builder ones, and watching "Fairytopia" because Sophia is hooked on princess lore. It also doesn't help that the manliest shows on for boys these days are "The Wiggles", "The Doodlebops, " or "Booh Bah." I know you love Dorah's monkey friend "Boots," but he had his man card revoked a long time ago. If only you could grow up with "Muppet Babies" and "Pee Wee's Playhouse" like I did. Seriously though, where are the transformers and GI Joe of old? I pray that you find them.

Love Dad

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home